Dr. Palle venkata Krishna Kishore Reddy, the Chairman of Sri Balaji Educational Soceity (Estd : 1992) started Sri Krishnadevaraya College of Agricultural Sciences from the Acadamic year 2016 with a view to cater the needs of farming community to impart latest techniques in pest control, organic farming, seed technology etc. in cultivation.
Sri Krishnadevaraya College of Agricultural Sciences is a Self-financed, Unaided Private Co-Education Institution established in 2016 in Anantapuramu, Andhra Pradesh, sprawling over 110 acres of land of scenic landscape has been laid out to create a unique learning environment. SKCAS is affiliated to Acharya N G Ranga University, Guntur and recognized by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi
The Institution is established with an objective of imparting quality education along with the requisite personality traits and thereby to carve young Indians into dynamic and most talented persons in their domain matching the needs of the contemporary industries of agriculture.
The College is a little away (just 6 km) from the din and bustle of Anantapuram city. The college offers 4 Years B.Sc programmes. The college is setup with state-of-the-art instructional and infrastructural facilities. The main forte of the college is its well experienced, erudite and committed faculty members. The campus has spacious play grounds and encourages sports such as cricket, basket-ball, football, volleyball, throw ball etc., The Colleges has well furnished hostel for both Boys and Girls within the campus. The College provides transport facility from Anantapuram city for day-scholars.
The Lush Green area and the peaceful environment of the campus helps in the mental strength, growth and physical fitness of the students. It's a remarkable combination of harmonious ambience with perfect infrastructure.
To be the leading centre providing student - responsive education, farmer - interactive training and services for development of Agriculture and agro industry. Sri Krishnadevaraya College of Agricultural Sciences visualizes the critical importance of Agricultural information and Communication Technology as an instrument for the overall development and the Institute remains deeply committed to dissemination of increasing productivity, rural development and enhancing the quality of life of the farmers.
Education : To train the man power needed for agricultural development of the State of Andhra Pradesh and to develop resources and innovative technological services to the farming community.
Research : To constantly improve and generate technology for increasing production in agriculture.
Extension : To undertake basic research to breakthrough newer areas of knowledge in agriculture
To impart quality education in the field of Agriculture and allied subjects, especially for the students from rural areas.
To encourage the youth on entrepreneurship and rural development.
To provide consultancy in agriculture to propagate the technology innovation through integrated extension activities.
1. To teach the students in agriculture and allied subjects concerning crop production, crop improvement, soil - water management practices, integrated nutrient management and integrated pest - disease management.
2.Teach and train the students about farm implements, mechanisation, horticultural crops, etc.
3. Provide learning situations to study the resource management efficiency and economic viability of different enterprises to enlarge the origins of knowledge and analytical capabilities of the students
4. To equip the students with relevant knowledge, to become competent extension personnel through teaching various extension programmes, including Student Rural Enterpreneurship Awarness Development Yojana (Student READY).
5. To provide necessary exposure to recent agricultural developments in various Agro- Climatic Zones of the state and National level through All India Educational Tour for third year B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture students.
To fulfill the mission, the following goals are set.
1. To teach and train the students in the field of Agriculture and allied subjects to make them resourceful and make effective contributions towards crop production technology and improve socio-economic aspects of the stakeholders.
2.To provide the basic knowledge required to conduct the experiments to generate sustainable technology for the benefit of the farming community.
3. To train them as a competitive extension personnel to disseminate various production technologies.